Our generously sized rooms–named after classic authors–all feature Euro-top mattresses, down pillows and high quality 400 thread count bedding to help you get a restful night’s sleep. Four of the guest rooms have marble fireplaces, each with a slightly different design and it’s own shower bathroom. Guest rooms have wall mounted hair dryers. Three of our rooms have color cable TVs since most guests are here to get away from everyday life. The large second & third floor guest rooms have ceiling fans.
Amenities include Lord & Mayfair conditioning shampoo and hand soap as well as plush and absorbent 100% Egyptian cotton towels. Complimentary off-street parking and Wi-Fi is available throughout the Inn. Seasonal air conditioning is in every guest room. Our Inn is a non-smoking facility.
All rates are based on double occupancy and include a high-end continental breakfast and afternoon tea upon request.
The Rudyard Kipling Room ♦ $100 – $120 (plus Vermont 9% room & meals tax)
The first floor guest room has a marble fireplace (inoperative) and is furnished with a queen size carved four-poster bed, large armoire with TV, skirted nightstand & antique nightstand. The room’s dark green walls accentuate the heavy white door & window moldings. An antique floral settee is at the foot of the bed to watch cable TV and a cozy wing chair sits beside the fireplace. A large closet with built-in drawers is to the right as you walk in. The shower bathroom has handicap bars and a special shower handle for a wonderful showering experience.
The Jane Austen Room ♦$90 – $115(plus Vermont’s 9% room & meals tax)
The guest room at the top of the stairs has a marble fireplace (seasonal, Dura Flame logs Nov. 1 to Mar 15) and carved four-poster queen bed. The walls wear unique peacock wallpaper. In one corner is a graceful cherry secretary from which to pick a classic novel. Two large windows let in lots of light with a view of the side yard pump house. A closet and shower bathroom are to the left as you walk in. At the end of the bed sits a wing chair to snuggle into.
The William Shakespeare Room ♦$100 – $120 (plus Vermont’s 9% room & meals tax)
At the front of the mansion this second floor guest bedroom has a lot of natural light with four large windows. Soft green floral wallpaper and luxurious bedding add to the restful atmosphere. Two front windows overlook the town green. Sit beside the fireplace (seasonal, Dura Flame logs Nov. 1 to Mar. 15) in an antique upholstered rocking chair. A floral stripped settee at the end of the bed provides more room to sit. In the corner beside the front windows sits an armoire housing a flat screen color TV. The shower bathroom is to the right.
The J. R. R. Tolkien Room ♦ $90 – $115 (plus Vermont’s 9% room & meals tax)
A favorite of guests (even with pink wood trim), this room is bright with four large windows and a marble fireplace, seasonal, Dura Flame logs, Nov. 1 to Mar 15). The two front windows overlook the town green. From two side windows you can view Fair Haven’s second marble mansion. Sparkle is added with silver nightstand lamps and antique silver pieces. In order to downplay the predominately pink wallpaper, silver bedding and two blue chairs were added to the plush décor. One of the nightstands can serve as a desk. By the front windows is a antique mirrored dressing table & chair. Step to the left thru a beautiful etched glass door into a shower bathroom.
The Lewis Carroll Room ♦ $90 – $110 (plus Vermont’s 9% room & meals tax)
Our smallest second floor guest room is cozy with a restful blue & white color scheme. Floral wallpaper adds to the décor’s softness and twin beds wear delicate floral Laura Ashley bedding. A desk with bookshelves holding antique children’s books sits beside the double windows. Guests staying in this room can enjoy a shower or a long soak in the claw foot tub down the hall! Two plush bathrobes hang in the large closet for guests’ use. The bathroom is private with no other guest rooms off of this hallway.
To make a reservation please call 1-802-265-4556 or use the “Reservation” link in the top right corner of the page. Please take a moment to review our reservation policy for details.
- We accept all major credit cards which we require for a reservation confirmation. Your card will be charge in full on the day of check in. Checks are not accepted.
- Our Inn does accept small pets.
- Check-in is from 3 pm to 7 pm, if you will be arriving late or early please let us know.
- Check-out is at 11 am, if you need more time to check-out just let us know. We try to be flexible.
- A minimum of two nights is required during Foliage season.
- Cancellations must be made by speaking with us directly over the phone or with an acknowledged email. Voicemail is not accepted.
- We will only charge a $25.00 administration fee, if you provide 7 or more days notice of your cancellation.
- Within 7 days or up to 48 hours before your arrival date, you are responsible for one night’s charge. If, however, we are able to re-book ALL nights reserved, then we will only charge a $25.00 administrative fee. If we are not able to re-book ALL nights, then a full night’s rate is charged.
- If notice of cancellation is given less than 48 hours prior to your arrival date, then the entire stay will be charged.
- “No-shows” or early departures are also responsible for all charges from original reservation.
- During holidays we require 14 days notice of cancellation or ALL nights booked will be charged. If, however, we are able to re-book ALL nights then we will only charge a $25.00 administrative fee.
- Holidays include the weekends of: President’s Day, Memorial Day, Easter, Independence Day, Labor Day, Foliage Season September 21 thru October 21, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas through New Year’s Day. College Parent’s weekend and graduation are also at the holiday rate.
Please understand that our policies are a necessary part of managing a small Inn. Cancellations affect us significantly. If you are worried about having to cancel for any reason, we would strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance through a third party provider for your own protection.